Monday 24 January 2011

Party Poopers

Another disadvantage of social networking - having your social gathering critiqued in real time!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jan/24/diddys-dirty-money-party
Instead of airing their discontent and disappointment on Twitter why weren't they partying?
My place is far too small to allow me to throw proper parties. Instead I invite half a dozen people round now and again for a mini party - or more accurately - a get together. I would be mortified if my hospitality was being sniggered at. Fortunately unlike P Diddy the guests at my get togethers are my friends.

However my tip for stress free parties?

CONFISCATE ALL SMART PHONES AT THE FRONT DOOR!

Not only will this stop twits twittering about how bad the food is, how boring the other guests are and what a bad choice of outfit the host has made but it will ensure that no embarrassing photographs of indiscriminate snogging, vomiting or streaking are uploaded onto sites for the world and his friend to see. Not that I have attended parties where that sort of thing happens. Well, not for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.