Friday 18 March 2011

I Love Dave

...the home of witty banter.

How cool is that? To be the actual home of witty banter?

Channel 4? The home of freaky documentaries? BBC? The home of political correctness? ITV? The home of Ant and Dec? Give me witty banter any day.

Talking of TV my mum needs a new telly, on account of everyone on hers being green (in colour, not in eco friendliness) so I took her to Currys, a version of hell on earth, only exceeded in nastiness by PC World. I got distracted by a bread maker and when I caught up with her, lost in a sea of flat screens, she looked at me in confusion and asked where the 'normal sets are'? 'What do you mean? I asked. 'Proper telly's. Not these flat black ones. They look as if they will fall over. I want a proper solid telly.' We left empty handed.

Why do I hate PC World? My daughter bought a lap top at 5.45pm last Saturday and when she got it home it wouldn't work. On Sunday at 11am she returned it to PC World who offered to send it off for a repair. It took 3 hours and a lots of protesting before they agreed to replace it. And even then they had to pop next door to Curry's to get a replacement as they had run out of that particular model. Word of advice. Go to John Lewis.

How is my resolution to shop only for clothes in charity shops going I hear you ask? Brilliantly. Much better than I expected. Everyday someone comments on what I am wearing. This week alone I have been called, by a stranger, a 'snazzy dresser' (on account, I think, of the bright orange chiffon sequined scarf I was wearing that I think may have been, in a previous life, a sari) and friends, both male and female, have said something lovely about what I have been wearing each day. I have found that rather than dressing in what the buyers for the high street shops I have decided I should be wearing this season I am wearing things that I have chosen. I am experimenting and mixing and matching as I never have before. Have I saved any money? Not really, the fact that charity shops also sell books put paid to that. But I might have saved a tree or two.

In recent weeks I have reignited my eBay addiction. Today I 'won' a £129 framed copy of a Mark Rothko print for £10 and narrowly missed out on a bread maker for £11. I love eBay. what else do I love?

My car
Daffodils
Tea
Eyebrow pencils
Cook books
and Bill Bryson.

I am re reading his 'Notes on a Small Island' and have revisited, with him, Corfe Castle, Snodland and Swanage. I sit up in bed, laughing out loud at his mild adventures in Dorset.

What do I hate?

Sat Nav
Cramp
Curry's
PC World
and Red Nose Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.