Sunday 10 April 2011

Brave Face

Putting on a brave face is something of a speciality of mine. I suppose I began wearing it as a child because I wanted to be like my friends, the ones who were loved by their parents and living relatively carefree life's. I continued to wear it into my teens, when at school or at work, I would present myself as happy and content and no one would have dreamt that I went home at the end of the day to be greeted by a very angry unhappy woman who had found herself a single parent (at a time when these were a rarity) and living on the poverty line. I wore a brave face for most of the abusive relationship I had with my husband and the only person who knew I was wearing a mask was my sister. Friends, family, work mates, neighbours all remained unaware that my real face was one of despair. Even when I was diagnosed with cancer I wore my brave face and never shed a single tear, not one. Even now my brave face is the one everyone sees, no matter how unhappy or hurt I am. This is a good thing isn't it? Or is wearing this mask doing untold damage to my physical and spiritual health.

I saw someone having their aura cleansed last week and wondered just how dirty mine was and if the 'therapist' would need an industrial clearer t
o sort my aura out? We had wandered into an 'event' in a local hall. Cupcakes, designer lampshades (which were bog standard lampshades with fake flowers and disheveled barbie dolls stuck to them) and hand made cards. You know the sort of thing. Over in a corner was a woman wearing a white coat (al la dental nurse) and she was cleansing some other woman's aura. In public. I don't know about you but if you where having your aura cleansed wouldn't you rather it was done in private? Or at least behind a screen? The therapist was grabbing invisible muck out of the invisible aura and tossing it in the air. Where I imagine it floated into someone else's aura. I took a step or two back as the last thing I need is someone else's aura muck attaching itself to my aura muck and dirtying my aura even more, or worse, merging with my aura muck and mutating into a supermuck that is harder to remove and cements my brave face in place permanently.

So I thought I would check out the possibly of aura contamination and it is, apparently a very real risk!http://www.psychic-junkie.com/aura-cleansing.html.
When I demonstrated it to a friend she said she felt a 'pull'. Yuk.
Putting on a brave face is so much more that arranging your facial features to hide whatever turmoil you feel inside. It is about making sure that all the stuff that leaks into your aura doesn't contaminate anyone elses. Possible side effects? The inability to cry and being dead inside. But at least no one will know how you really feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.