Sunday 2 January 2011

The Mother Of Invention

No resolutions this year. Oh the relief! Not because there is nothing I need to change or improve but because I simply can't be asked. I seem to be developing a rebellious streak.

Another invention-
A do-it-yourself hot stone massage pack - 'Pamper Pebbles'. Pamper Pebbles are stonelike in appearance but are made from a synthetic material that retains heat and, as it cools down increases in weight. The stones will be of various sizes and arranged between two sheets of a transparent material. It can be rolled up and put in the microwave (or oven) to warm up then the user simply unravels it and enjoys half an hour of sheer bliss. It can be used in a variety of ways, either with the user laying on top of it or placing it on their back as they lie on their fronts. Naturally the stones need to vibrate so a battery pack will need to be incorporated and the speed of vibration can be controlled (via a switch) by the user. I envisage a travel model that can be strapped to the car seat along the lines of those car seat covers with the wooden balls that old men and cab drivers used to find so useful (where have they disappeared too?) The travel model can be heated via the cars cigarette lighter and it can be an optional extra when a new car is purchased. In time it will come as standard and I will be rich. One day there will even be  an aromatherapy model  and even a mini Pamper Pebble for children that plays a simple lullaby. One day, maybe, even a Pamper Pebble mattress.
Can you guess what I really, really wanted for Christmas? I have been reduced to having my grandson walk on my back, which only caused me to collapse into hysterical (panicked) laughter and did little to ease my tense, tight muscles. Oh how I miss the masseur that used to visit. Although his hands did seem to (occasionally) stray to areas usually only caressed by a lover he was infinitely better than the tiny, but deceptively strong, Thai girl who asked in a small voice ‘Soft or Firm? Looking at her hands, which were no bigger than an average 6 years olds, I foolishly opted for ‘firm’. I emerged twenty minutes later, battered and bruised with my carefully styled hair dishevelled and standing on end. Word of warning - don't mess with small Thai women. They are freakishly strong and almost Autistic in their failure to recognise any body language (fliches) or groans of pain.

Apart from not finding a Pamper Pebble Deluxe Vibrating Aromatherapy Travel Kit in my stocking I received many lovely gifts for Christmas but the creme de la crème of gifts was given to me by my son’s girlfriend – a Grandson Calendar. She had put a lot of thought and effort into putting the calendar together, selecting just the perfect pictures to represent each month. For example December has my grandson building a snowman (taken a couple of weeks ago), June has him pictured at the wedding where he was a pageboy, October has him dressed up as a vampire and February (my birthday month) has a picture of us both. All these pictures had been downloaded from my daughters Facebook account, along with important dates that were also marked on the calendar. It looks incredibly professional and was all done on the Tesco website. A wonderful, thoughtful gift that I will treasure forever but also one that confirms my fears about FB. But what a great way to use and display your favourite photographs.


More I told you so’s -
http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/big-question/the-big-question-does-the-latest-online-technology-pose-an-unacceptable-threat-to-our-privacy-1840974.html

There was one resolution that I toyed with. Lately I am concerned that I am taking myself too seriously. If I wasn't me would I like me? Do I like me? But then I thought about it some more and reconsidered. But I resolve to keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.