Saturday 7 August 2010

A child is born on that day and at that hour when the celestial rays are in mathematical harmony with his individual karma. ~Sri Yukteswar


Several times today, for no real or conscious reason, I took the time reflect on how good my life is. I have a nice home, a job I enjoy and that makes me enough money to keep a roof over my head and food on the table. I have a healthy happy family and many friends. There are no major worries to trouble me. I must, at this point, stress that this urge to reflect come out of nowhere and the urge happened several times today. As I reflected on my good fortune I was able to fully appreciate the Buddhist concept of impermanence and how important it was for me to take the time to stop, consider and appreciate what is happening in my life right now. Who knows what is around the corner and how easy, and how sad, would it be, when faced with some upheaval in life, to realise that you hadn't enjoyed the peaceful times when they happened but instead let them pass unacknowledged and uncherished.

So I was completely spooked when, for no real or conscious reason, I read my stars in today's paper. It is over a year since I last read Jonathan Cainer's predictions and I was surprised, given my thoughts today, to read the following:

'Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate on the present moment.' When Buddha said these words he wasn't just addressing would be seers and sages. Or rather, he was, but he felt that included all of us. And why not? aren't we all ultimately looking for enlightenment, whether we know it or not? But there's only one way that any of us will ever find true happiness - and it's through learning to appreciate the hidden magic of the here and now. Give your heart to what's most important this week and you'll instantly understand what's needed next - and how you can make it happen.

Now I just need an Eureka moment that will tell me what to give my heart to this week!

And Cainer Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.