Wednesday 10 March 2010

avatars, dreams and enlightenment

Most of us have a 'dream self', a version of our self that appears in our dreams and each night stars in whatever drama our brain creates for them. Sometimes the dream self's are the every day version of ourselves and sometimes they are more like an avatar, something that represents us in the dream world. Last night I had a dream about memories.

My friend asked me how my grandson was, 'fine' I answered 'and how are your grandchildren?' They smiled that indulgent smile only proud grandparents can make and said 'wonderful, the house is full of ghosts when they visit'. 'Ghosts?' I asked.

My friend went onto explain, 'when my grandchildren visit I see the ghosts of my own children. I see my children when they were young, asking questions, reading books, chattering and playing. Then my children all grownup will say something and the ghost children disappear'.

Ghost
To see your own ghost in your dream, symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. Or you may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghosts wants or what it is looking for. Alternatively, the dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.



What my friend was talking about was memories.

My dream self understood this completely and even awake I can appreciate what my friend meant. But sometimes a dream can reveal what seems like a truth about the world, can show answers with perfect clarity, can bestow an enlightenment that unfortunately fades as soon as you wake. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that revealed the cause of deja vue and in my dream I understood the concept completely, how and why it happens and that knowledge cast light in the shadows of the unknown. On waking the basic explanation was still in my mind, an explanation wrapped up in dreams, memory and lapses of time - but by the time I had woken up completely the knowledge faded and disappeared.

Memory
To dream about a memory, suggests that your are ready to rid yourself of your old ways and undergo some sort of transformation and new outlook in life. Recalling a memory in your dream may also be less of a shock then if you had recalled the memory in your waken state. It indicates that you may have learned something from your past.


I am so glad that I dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.