Sunday 30 January 2011

Match Made In Heaven?

Liz Jones, writing about her brothers funeral this week in 'You' magazine finished the piece with a very sobering and sad observation. 'He became a victim of the capitalist bastards after all.'
Jones' brother had been born part of the baby boomer generation, he grew into hippy maverick musician who died a few weeks ago at the age of 61 from, as she says, 'such a small disease'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-1351773/LIZ-JONES-My-rebel-brother-s-cardboard-coffin-victim-hated.html



Jones is a strange woman. She is neurotic, controlling, eccentric and demanding. The most high maintenance woman in the world. She is also generous, caring, vulnerable and a fighter for the underdog. She is a spendthrift and a recycler. She loves London but lives deep in Devon. She misses her previous home in Hackney but has filled her Devon farm with a menagerie that she will never be able to leave. Jones finds it difficult to maintain any relationship with a man and has recently embarked on a new romance that, as readers of her column could predict, is heading for heartache. Her new beau is an anonymous rock star she refers to as RS and there is some Internet debate as to his true identity. From her column he seems a nice man. Kind, caring, funny and rich. What more could a girl (or woman in her 50s, as Jones is) want? So long as it's not Chris De Burg I wish her luck. If it is CDB then I suggest Jones does some serious thinking. Just because there is a man sized hole in your life doesn't mean that you have to fill it.



The wonderful Jack Nicholson talks about ageing, love and death in an interview that appears in one of today's Sunday supplements. Nicholson has obviously been contemplating his own mortality following the death of his fellow actor and contemporary, Denis Hooper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350653/Jack-Nicholson-I-used-feel-irresistible-women-Not-more.html

'One of the toughest parts of ageing is losing your friends. At first it starts quietly, then pretty soon it’s every month, and you can’t help but think, “When is that bell going to go off for me?” And on top of that you feel this constant loss.
He also talks about love and his need to fill a woman shaped hole that has, somewhat surprisingly, appeared in his life.
'There is nothing in his life he regrets, but one thing he yearns for. A lasting relationship with a woman.I've had everything a man could ask for, but I don’t know if anyone could say I’m successful with affairs of the heart. I don’t know why. I would love that one last real romance. But I’m not very realistic about it happening. I’ve been in love in my life, but it always starts with obsession that lasts exactly 18 months and then it changes. If I’d known and been prepared for that, I may have been able to orchestrate the whole relationship thing better.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350653/Jack-Nicholson-I-used-feel-irresistible-women-Not-more.html#ixzz1CYnMdQeK



 

I’m definitely still wild at heart. But I’ve struck bio-gravity. I can’t hit on women in public any more. I didn’t decide this; it just doesn’t feel right at my age.’
He pauses to get straight to the heart of his own theory of life.
‘If men are honest, everything they do and everywhere they go is for a chance to see women. There were points in my life where I felt oddly irresistible to women. I’m not in that state now and that makes me sad.'

Oh I don't know Jack. I think you are pretty irresistible. I think Jones should dump her rock star and you and she should get it on. All her relationships to date have been with younger men and all have ended in tears. Hers. An exceptional man in his 70s might be just what she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.