Monday 10 January 2011

Southern Rules



Rich Hall is a very clever, very talented and very funny man. He is almost my new man crush. When he first came to my attention I can't say that I was overly impressed. He has an ugly speaking voice and it was hard to get past the noise he makes with it when he appears as a guest stand up on various shows for just a few minutes.  Hence the almost. Although I enjoy watching him when he appears on the panel of shows like Qi and HIGNFY it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago I watched a show he did in London and was blown away by his talent, his perception, his delivery and his song writing skills. His voice suits singing much better than it does speaking. 

Tonight BBC4 repeated a programme he made called the 'Dirty South'. Rich is to the Deep South of America what I would like to be to the Deep South of London. A quietly passionate ambassador. Yet despite having a ranch back in the US of A Hall spends most of the year living in a flat in London. No doubt South London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Hall
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7882231/Rich-Hall-on-the-Dirty-South.html


Hall's alter ego Otis Lee Creshaw (who is strangely sexy, yet even thinking that is sooo wrong) is a hoot. As is the song 'She Calls it Stalking, I Call it Selective Walking'. Wonderful. 'Just Don't Hurt Me' is wonderful too.
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=3458969313649559091&postID=2784392627533188198

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0mknY1l2AU&feature=related

Lonsome Dave is one hell of a Banjo player. Lonsome I assume because, according to Billy Connolly, women do not find Banjo players sexy. They always go for the guitar player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming.